STUDENT TRAVEL GRANTS
A limited number of Student Travel Grants (STG) are awarded by IEEE ComSoc, IFIP, and NSF.
*** Application deadline: 25 February 2019 ***
- The applicant must be the author or a co‐author of a paper accepted for publication at IM 2019 or one of its co-located workshops. NSF-funded grants do not require the applicant to be an author of an accepted paper.
- The applicant must be a student registered toward a Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. degree in computer science, engineering or related field in a college or university when submitting his/her application.
- The applicant is encouraged to have registered for the conference at the time of application.
- To be eligible for IEEE ComSoc-awarded grants, the applicant must be a Student Member of IEEE ComSoc (bear in mind that being IEEE Student Member alone does not make an applicant eligible). Besides, the applicant may not receive more than one STG in any 12-month period. Should the applicant not to be an IEEE ComSoc Student Member or not to comply with the 12 months, he/she can still apply for NSF (pending) or IFIP-awarded grants.
The applicant should send an application containing:
- full name, contact information, country, and citizenship;
- ethnicity and gender (optional, used to broaden the participation of under-represented students);
- institution, academic program (B.Sc., M.Sc or Ph.D.) he/she is currently attending, full-time or part-time student;
- name and email of the advisor;
- information on whether or not a paper has been accepted by the symposium;
- paper ID, title and type (paper/poster/application);
- information on whether or not a first time conference participant;
- a letter that briefly summarizes the applicant's current research interests and accomplishments;
- a supporting letter from the advisor including his/her contact information, providing written statements regarding availability (or lack thereof) of travel funds for the student, and stating whether he/she is willing to commit to cover the cost of travel in excess of the travel grant;
- IEEE number if the applicant is a student member of IEEE Comsoc; and
- an at least 18 years of age acknowledgement.
Applications should be filled in by 25 February 2019 using the following URL: https://goo.gl/forms/
- Application deadline: 25 February 2019
- Notification: starting from 27 February 2019